Timecode shows

I have my timecode training scheduled soon. I have been looking at the manual section on both sound and timecode. I plan to be making mulitple revisions of the show to disc so I want to use the WHIII line in and out ports on the rear of the console instead of a music CD in the disc tray.

So instead of having my music on a disc and controlling the disc drive, I would like to use My IPOD. I assume this is possible because the console has line in and out.

Instead of having my IPOD permenently plugged into the console I was wondering whether I could copy the desired music files from the IPOD to the consoles hard drive, then use them from there...

Does anybody have any experiance with timecode and the WHIII. I will probably only ever use MIDI (click tracks), SMPTE and CD from the console. Any tips or tricks? Anything I should look out for?
Parents
  • I see what you have...you have a Balanced TRS to XLR adapter. So you could try one thing first. Switch the timecode to the Left Channel. If that works, then there's nothing else you'll need to do. Otherwise, if you need to keep it in the right channel, then you'll need to make your own adapter, or rewire the one you have.

Does the widget show up in the console? If it doesn't be sure to assign your timecode source as the widget. Once this is all setup properly, you should be able to view the timecode coming into the console.

Make sure that you
  • I see what you have...you have a Balanced TRS to XLR adapter. So you could try one thing first. Switch the timecode to the Left Channel. If that works, then there's nothing else you'll need to do. Otherwise, if you need to keep it in the right channel, then you'll need to make your own adapter, or rewire the one you have.

Does the widget show up in the console? If it doesn't be sure to assign your timecode source as the widget. Once this is all setup properly, you should be able to view the timecode coming into the console.

Make sure that you
Children
No Data
Related