Problems loading Hog3 v3.0.2 Full Install

Hello,

I have been attempting to upgrade the software on the hog3 to get it up to version 3.0.2
I have downloaded the Full install version of the software from the site, checked the downloaded file with the MD5 checksum (which produces a result of OK) and burned the Iso disk image to a CD using DeepBurner as recommended so that I have a CD with 662 Files, 447 Folders totalling approx 278MB on it that I then stick in the desk.

On power up, I hold down the Pig button until the options menu appears then select Full Install and say Yes to the overwriting of show files. The Cd drive then whirrs away happily for 20 or 30 seconds and the screens flash to black then back to the Blue III logos. Then the desk goes quiet for a while before reading a bit more from the CD drive, a screen comes up saying that the desk is probing drives (which I assume is the desk trying to reboot) then freezes with just the blue screens on display and stays like that indefinitely (I have left the desk over an hour in this state.)

I have read through a lot of useful posts on these forums and from messages on there, I assumed that the issue was with the CD that I had originally made. I have now tried redownloading the software from the site again and burning multiple disks from different PC's using a variety of ISO burning software including Alcohol120%, Nero, DeepBurner and a few others at slower burn speeds with no change in the results. I have also downloaded previous versions of the software (v3.0 and v2.6.0) and tried them with no success.

The desk itself has the correct Bios loaded (Build 17 Nov 6th 2003) and has no other devices connected e.g wings, external peripherals or DP's. The internal drives appear to be connected properly and the desk was working properly before the software upgrade.

So, my question is, what do I try now?

Any help and advice greatly appreciated. I need to get the desk working within the next 5 days or so ideally.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Colin
Parents
  • On some consoles, when the clock battery is completely dead, the clock will default to 1970. This will prevent a full install from finishing and leave the console in an un-bootable state.

If you're stuck in this state, drop Chris or Myself a note. There's a beta version of the install disk that doesn't care what the clock is set to that should resolve the problem for you without opening your console.

Until the next patch is released, make sure your clock is set before you do the Full Install. As long as you don't power down the console, it should retain the date and time.
  • On some consoles, when the clock battery is completely dead, the clock will default to 1970. This will prevent a full install from finishing and leave the console in an un-bootable state.

If you're stuck in this state, drop Chris or Myself a note. There's a beta version of the install disk that doesn't care what the clock is set to that should resolve the problem for you without opening your console.

Until the next patch is released, make sure your clock is set before you do the Full Install. As long as you don't power down the console, it should retain the date and time.
Children
No Data
Related