Beam Time for gobo change on Mac2k

Could someone please tell me the correct way to slowly change a gobo from one to another on a Mac2k Profile - using either the beam time in user mode, or editing the time in the cue editing window.

Working with the desk last night we could not figure out the correct way to do this.

We tried setting the time using the beam time with a cue time of 0s, and a time in the cue, we also tried changing the gobo time in the cue editor and changing the beam time in the cue editor - long story short, the gobo snaps to the next gobo no matter what we do.

Also tried using the encoder to set the gobos vs the gobo 'quick' selection.

Parents
  • I am missing something either easy or buried in a keystroke that I don't know.

You need to change the path of your fade. Most gobo parameters default to "Start" which means the entire transition happens at the beginning of the crossfade. Change it to linear if you want smooth transitions.

You can set a path for each parameter on each fixture independantly. To change the default path for a parameter, go into the Edit Fixtures window under Patch.
    And missing something easy is what is going on I believe. I will look at this tomorrow. Thanks Eric.
  • I am missing something either easy or buried in a keystroke that I don't know.

You need to change the path of your fade. Most gobo parameters default to "Start" which means the entire transition happens at the beginning of the crossfade. Change it to linear if you want smooth transitions.

You can set a path for each parameter on each fixture independantly. To change the default path for a parameter, go into the Edit Fixtures window under Patch.
    And missing something easy is what is going on I believe. I will look at this tomorrow. Thanks Eric.
Children
No Data
Related