Rosco Keystroke

I have been throught the manual and the forums and I am unable to find anything concerning the Rosco Keystroke...so here goes.

I need the Hog to basically send a DMX signal that triggers the Keystroke and then releases immediately, as if you were to just flash a fixture once. I would like to be able to set this up as a flash on the pallettes as well as through a cue trigger. I am trying to automate this with my other running cues to trigger video backgrounds through ProPresenter.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Eric
Parents
  • First of all, you just patch a "Desk Channel" as the keystroke, unless it's more than 1 DMX channel. I think it's only one though from what I read on the Rosco website.

In order to flash it as a palette, you would have to first pick a group (which would be just the Keystroke) and then choose an intensity palette (or any palette that you mask to intensity only. The other way to do it, which may be more what you're going for, is to make a scene that has this only in it (with a zero second time). You could then write in a release via comment macros in the same scene set. (ie RS1 for releasing scene 1). Make sure you have the guard button on to allow the scenes to work on the touchscreen.

To make it as a cuelist, just setup the cuelist as HTP OR IPCB (as it's just a 1-channel unit and will operate like a dimmer) with the single desk channel for the Keystroke in it. Then just press the flash button and it will activate the channel. If you release it, it will release.

You can also set the same scene on the fader as well, so that you don't have to write two different lists if you go in the scene direction.
  • First of all, you just patch a "Desk Channel" as the keystroke, unless it's more than 1 DMX channel. I think it's only one though from what I read on the Rosco website.

In order to flash it as a palette, you would have to first pick a group (which would be just the Keystroke) and then choose an intensity palette (or any palette that you mask to intensity only. The other way to do it, which may be more what you're going for, is to make a scene that has this only in it (with a zero second time). You could then write in a release via comment macros in the same scene set. (ie RS1 for releasing scene 1). Make sure you have the guard button on to allow the scenes to work on the touchscreen.

To make it as a cuelist, just setup the cuelist as HTP OR IPCB (as it's just a 1-channel unit and will operate like a dimmer) with the single desk channel for the Keystroke in it. Then just press the flash button and it will activate the channel. If you release it, it will release.

You can also set the same scene on the fader as well, so that you don't have to write two different lists if you go in the scene direction.
Children
No Data
Related