about the TIMECODE‏ format

Hi

I got a show use the timecode with 29.97 , but I can find the option in the Network setting.

And I have a question about the timecode format.

We know that the SMPTE have many type, include 30 sec/ frame, 29.97 sec/frame and 24 sec/frame.

and they have two way you can choose , the drop mode and non drop mode .

I know what ‘s different on the video , but it’s any different in lighting ?

Thanks for you all.
Parents
  • It will automatically detect the type of timecode input, so you don't need to worry about it. If you want the regenerate function, then you will need to set that to what type you are using.

SMPTE 30 is 30FPS and is used for NON-DROP frame applications

NTSC 30 is 29.97 FPS and is used for DROP frame situations. (you would want to use this setting)

I have had situations where the timecode type has changed mid show, depending on the video being played. I never had problems as long as they kept the timecode the same in each of the videos. Let me know if you have questions about timecode and the Hog. I have done a few shows with timecode and have lots of experience with it.
  • It will automatically detect the type of timecode input, so you don't need to worry about it. If you want the regenerate function, then you will need to set that to what type you are using.

SMPTE 30 is 30FPS and is used for NON-DROP frame applications

NTSC 30 is 29.97 FPS and is used for DROP frame situations. (you would want to use this setting)

I have had situations where the timecode type has changed mid show, depending on the video being played. I never had problems as long as they kept the timecode the same in each of the videos. Let me know if you have questions about timecode and the Hog. I have done a few shows with timecode and have lots of experience with it.
Children
No Data
Related