Temp Desk to nondim setting

Anyone now a quick way to temporarily set a deskchannel as a non dim without having to repatch. Am working on a Sci-fi show and my spare circuts are constantly being used for kino's. then swapped back to incandesents. would love to set temp channels used for Flouro's to non dim and then back so when i have a sudden need to run a flicker (usualy just grabbing the master) i wont be worried about blowing flouro transformers.
Parents
  • [quote=hercthx;36163]ya been doing the full an zero thang. then when i had to do a flicker thang i would just move my temp nondim fixtures to another handle. just though there might be a quick on the fly fixture edit thing i was missing. merh, oh well.

There is a request/enhancement logged to be able to change the "dimming curve" of a fixture.....but not sure when that will be implemented.

Personally I can change type and re-patch a fixure faster than a gaffer can swap fixtures and stands....but if you've got to do a lot of them I can see where it becomes a hassle.

One final thing you might do is just PARK the channels when using the flouros and have them use the switches on the units to turn on and off.
  • [quote=hercthx;36163]ya been doing the full an zero thang. then when i had to do a flicker thang i would just move my temp nondim fixtures to another handle. just though there might be a quick on the fly fixture edit thing i was missing. merh, oh well.

There is a request/enhancement logged to be able to change the "dimming curve" of a fixture.....but not sure when that will be implemented.

Personally I can change type and re-patch a fixure faster than a gaffer can swap fixtures and stands....but if you've got to do a lot of them I can see where it becomes a hassle.

One final thing you might do is just PARK the channels when using the flouros and have them use the switches on the units to turn on and off.
Children
No Data
Related