Individual Faders for each Piece controlled by a master fader, novice question

Kinda a novice in the hog world. I am doing a dance show. My limited knowledge tells me this could be a good idea if it is easily achieved. I want to have fader one essentially act as a dummy fader. I want there to be macros or something to tell it to trigger other lists. My thinking being that we are teching a number of different pieces at different times. I want to record an entire piece on a cue stack keeping those 20 q's independent from anything. I then want some way to be able to drag the lists in an order that can be execuated from the individual fader. Ideally I can have my house presets in one cue somewhere whether on that fader or another that can be constant between pieces so I only make one house to half or whatever cue that is always the same.

Does this sound crazy or is there a better way of doing it. Would apprecitate any help on the execuation of this.

:poke:

Matt
Parents
  • Sounds a bit complicated.....I would do this as a Page per Piece setup.

Make a separate page for each piece, just as you would for songs in a concert.....this way you can shuffle the order around easily without having to deal with changing macro references etc....pick a master for your main list to live on and keep this consistent for every page (I personally prefer Master 10 as my main list)

For houslights and other things you want on every page....simply build another page with these cue lists on any Master (other than the one you put your main on) and make it the Template page.....you will now have them on every page that doesn't have a cue list assigned to those masters.

Should be much faster and more flexible.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Sounds a bit complicated.....I would do this as a Page per Piece setup.

Make a separate page for each piece, just as you would for songs in a concert.....this way you can shuffle the order around easily without having to deal with changing macro references etc....pick a master for your main list to live on and keep this consistent for every page (I personally prefer Master 10 as my main list)

For houslights and other things you want on every page....simply build another page with these cue lists on any Master (other than the one you put your main on) and make it the Template page.....you will now have them on every page that doesn't have a cue list assigned to those masters.

Should be much faster and more flexible.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related