intensity effect overrides new to Hog III

So this is something that has driven me crazy since moving to Hog III, and one of the few places where I really feel they "broke" something with the new OS. Because there are never enough faders, when punting a show one thing I do is record intensity of a group into cue 1 of a cuelist that has other info on it, for example color, for that same group. So I can use the fader to control intensity, the cuelist buttons to change colors. Then on another fader I may do a stack of intensity effects, "slow, med, fast," etc. That way I can easily switch between an intensity effect and regular intensity control on the main intensity control fader.
What is killing me is that now if I change a color while running an intensity effect, the effect will stop running, even if the main intensity fader is down because the new cue has tracking intensity info. On Hog II you could set both faders to use HTP and avoid this, but with Hog III setting a stack of intensity effects to use HTP will disable the effects.
You might think setting the options to 'persist on override' on one or the other or both of the cuelists would fix this: nope. (Not really sure what that option is useful for then...)
The workaround I've come up with is to change the Halt button to Assert, then quickly reasserting the effect after I change the color. But this is annoying to have to do, not to mention disabling the backup functionality of the Halt button.
Parents
  • I too coming originally from an avo background alway had an issiue with a lack of faders / button knobs for direct access particularly with live festivals where you may not know the band's music and have to busk quite a bit. Before i felt a wing was a must have so u could lay out colour and beam options for busking. I just did a show a few days ago on road hog with 10 fader wing. The show had 7 musicians which took up 7 faders straight away as it is trad music and they all play at different times during the music. The other 3 were taken up by washes and further specials stack. So i was left with will i try and program the whole show or can i busk it?????? Based on an idea of someone else in an earlier forum i did this:
    I made pallettes for positions beams col etc. I then made a line of positions for spots in the list window. First cue was a release Q which released all other positions in that line. Next i had a line with colours for the spots.
    Next line was gobo's / beam looks
    Next line was movement fx.
    Next line was intensity fx again with a release as first line in the list.
    I ran the show with a q list window opened in the right screen. I could directly access a colour for the fixtures without selecting them and selecting a palette. Also a new colour just stomped out the previous colour q which was active. I left in default time of 2 secs for colour but also copied this line of colour q's and pasted to a new line, i opened each colour list one by one and set the back and fade times to zero so i could also bump through colours for faster stuff. The remaining faders i had a few pages of different stuff so i had odd even bumps, a few chases. It all worked out really well for the show which i busked in my normal avo style. I was truely impressed with the console and the touch screens are really responsive and accurate unlike their hog2 predecessors.

N.B. I split the q list window and opened it on second screen and scrolled down a bit to fit in the q's for the washes
  • I too coming originally from an avo background alway had an issiue with a lack of faders / button knobs for direct access particularly with live festivals where you may not know the band's music and have to busk quite a bit. Before i felt a wing was a must have so u could lay out colour and beam options for busking. I just did a show a few days ago on road hog with 10 fader wing. The show had 7 musicians which took up 7 faders straight away as it is trad music and they all play at different times during the music. The other 3 were taken up by washes and further specials stack. So i was left with will i try and program the whole show or can i busk it?????? Based on an idea of someone else in an earlier forum i did this:
    I made pallettes for positions beams col etc. I then made a line of positions for spots in the list window. First cue was a release Q which released all other positions in that line. Next i had a line with colours for the spots.
    Next line was gobo's / beam looks
    Next line was movement fx.
    Next line was intensity fx again with a release as first line in the list.
    I ran the show with a q list window opened in the right screen. I could directly access a colour for the fixtures without selecting them and selecting a palette. Also a new colour just stomped out the previous colour q which was active. I left in default time of 2 secs for colour but also copied this line of colour q's and pasted to a new line, i opened each colour list one by one and set the back and fade times to zero so i could also bump through colours for faster stuff. The remaining faders i had a few pages of different stuff so i had odd even bumps, a few chases. It all worked out really well for the show which i busked in my normal avo style. I was truely impressed with the console and the touch screens are really responsive and accurate unlike their hog2 predecessors.

N.B. I split the q list window and opened it on second screen and scrolled down a bit to fit in the q's for the washes
Children
No Data
Related