"list" syntax error

I don't know about anyone else, but this syntax error seems to get me quite often:

I press list to front my cuelist window (which is already open), touch the cuelist I want (usually to move it to a fader) but I get a syntax error.

After fronting the cuelist window, I have to remember to clear "list" from the command line before making my selection. It would be great if the console could recognize the user's intent and not throw a syntax error when doing the above sequence. (I know list-list or open-list fronts it without putting list in the command line, but all the same..)

I can press IPCB to front the IPCB pallets and press my selection without a syntax error, any reason the cuelist directory needs to behave differently?

thanks.
Parents
  • Uhhh... pretty sure there is Guard on IPCB directories... but either way it may be part of what is happening...

So you would like the console to delete the first List press when you follow it with a 'virtual' list press.... instead of kicking an error... or somehow ignore the first press...

I really have no idea what the answer is .... but it brings up interesting questions as to the exact nature of the command line...
  • Uhhh... pretty sure there is Guard on IPCB directories... but either way it may be part of what is happening...

So you would like the console to delete the first List press when you follow it with a 'virtual' list press.... instead of kicking an error... or somehow ignore the first press...

I really have no idea what the answer is .... but it brings up interesting questions as to the exact nature of the command line...
Children
No Data
Related