DP2000 VS Super Widget

Does the DP2000 have any advantages over the super widget in a H3 PC applications or visa versa? Why would I want a Super Widget over a DP?
Parents
  • Well a DP is an ethernet device.. a node. It is assigned an IP address either by the console or yourself. It depends on the network configuration. The DP processes the DMX. A Superwidget outputs DMX via USB and does not process anything. Now you can output upto 8 universes or DMX via 3PC or a full boar. This is because the internal DP on board the console processes the DMX and the Superwidget provides the output. Overall, the DP processes info keeping the network speed the same by adding more DPs when required and the Superwidget does not process anything.

Just to add to this, the DP will be connected via a corssover cable (or non corssover if a siwtch is involved) whereas a Widget will be connected by USB. So difference in speed may be an issue...

Does this make sense? If I am talking rubbish, somebody please correct me.
  • Well a DP is an ethernet device.. a node. It is assigned an IP address either by the console or yourself. It depends on the network configuration. The DP processes the DMX. A Superwidget outputs DMX via USB and does not process anything. Now you can output upto 8 universes or DMX via 3PC or a full boar. This is because the internal DP on board the console processes the DMX and the Superwidget provides the output. Overall, the DP processes info keeping the network speed the same by adding more DPs when required and the Superwidget does not process anything.

Just to add to this, the DP will be connected via a corssover cable (or non corssover if a siwtch is involved) whereas a Widget will be connected by USB. So difference in speed may be an issue...

Does this make sense? If I am talking rubbish, somebody please correct me.
Children
No Data
Related