DP2000 VS Super Widget

Does the DP2000 have any advantages over the super widget in a H3 PC applications or visa versa? Why would I want a Super Widget over a DP?
Parents
  • Well, the real power, as Joe said, in the DP is the out of console processing. Connecting a DP2000 or DP8000 to a computer takes strain off the computer's processing, and thus allows you to do a lot more with less. Plus, with the use of a DP2000, you can use it with a Hog3, Full Boar, and iPC consoles on top of the Hog3PC application. This allows you, if you needed or wanted to get a full-sized console for a show, to be able to connect it to any of the above mentioned consoles.

Also, as Lee said just above, the DP2000 will function as an ArtNET node, so that you can use it with any console or PC-based lighting program that will allow output of ArtNET direct. So this allows it to be used outside of the Hog family if necessary.

In my humble opinion, I think the superwidget is great if you know you never want to upgrade your system to more universes at all (or the max of 8 with 2@superwidgets); however a DP2000 or DP8000 will allow you the ability of greater flexibility.
  • Well, the real power, as Joe said, in the DP is the out of console processing. Connecting a DP2000 or DP8000 to a computer takes strain off the computer's processing, and thus allows you to do a lot more with less. Plus, with the use of a DP2000, you can use it with a Hog3, Full Boar, and iPC consoles on top of the Hog3PC application. This allows you, if you needed or wanted to get a full-sized console for a show, to be able to connect it to any of the above mentioned consoles.

Also, as Lee said just above, the DP2000 will function as an ArtNET node, so that you can use it with any console or PC-based lighting program that will allow output of ArtNET direct. So this allows it to be used outside of the Hog family if necessary.

In my humble opinion, I think the superwidget is great if you know you never want to upgrade your system to more universes at all (or the max of 8 with 2@superwidgets); however a DP2000 or DP8000 will allow you the ability of greater flexibility.
Children
No Data
Related