How to make cool effects w Mac 2000 Profile ? IPC

Ok by the grace of God i was allowed to start programming on a hog ipc and did a knockout job on 7 shows already , bummer is i have a couple of effects my mentor taught me and now he "quit" teachin<<

The other question is where can i get shortcuts or easy ways to make movment effects also, so far all i have been able to do is make an effect like a circle and mess with it in the effects engine "BY GUESS WORK " and save the effect in the position view .. I am a beginner and respectfully request assistiance.

Sincerely Mike the noob LD lol:):confused:
Parents
  • I was given a few tips by a number of people around here, so I hope they dont mind me sharing!

[Effect] [Effect] OR [Open] [Effect]

This will open the effects directory. Select your fixtures, if you want a ballyhoo for example...

Brad Schiller's Tip:

Select all of your fixtures and put them in an audience focus. Put them in a ">circle" effect, this is already stored in the effects directory. Then select half of your fixtures (Odd) and put them in the opposite "". Now select all and adjust the size and rate to something you require. Then us the select/shuffle to randomise the selection order and fan the offset. This should give you a nice looking Ballyhoo.

Jon Griffin's tip:

Jon told me an aweful lot about the effects engine and how he uses it. The email acually filled 2 sides of A4 paper, so I will no reiterate it. However an important part of the movement effect creation is where you place the fixtures to start with. Where you place them will be the "centre" point of the movement.

Last, but by no means least, Ross William's:

Again, I spoke to Ross about how, as a professional programmer he uses the effects engine. He reminded me of the early days of Automated lighting where the programmer, for Genesis for example, had a rig of 52 VLs, one control desk and only TWO playbacks. No fancy effects engine or hundreds of cues, just two playbacks. So in the short the moral is to uses chases. He said to me, and he is right, that having a chase instead of a effect can be better becuase you have more control over the chase, you can tap sync it for example, bounce forwards and back in the chases, change direction on the fly, etc etc.

The last peice of advice I constantly remember from all 3 of those guys is.. Keep it simple!

Hope nobody minded me sharing those! Regards,
  • I was given a few tips by a number of people around here, so I hope they dont mind me sharing!

[Effect] [Effect] OR [Open] [Effect]

This will open the effects directory. Select your fixtures, if you want a ballyhoo for example...

Brad Schiller's Tip:

Select all of your fixtures and put them in an audience focus. Put them in a ">circle" effect, this is already stored in the effects directory. Then select half of your fixtures (Odd) and put them in the opposite "". Now select all and adjust the size and rate to something you require. Then us the select/shuffle to randomise the selection order and fan the offset. This should give you a nice looking Ballyhoo.

Jon Griffin's tip:

Jon told me an aweful lot about the effects engine and how he uses it. The email acually filled 2 sides of A4 paper, so I will no reiterate it. However an important part of the movement effect creation is where you place the fixtures to start with. Where you place them will be the "centre" point of the movement.

Last, but by no means least, Ross William's:

Again, I spoke to Ross about how, as a professional programmer he uses the effects engine. He reminded me of the early days of Automated lighting where the programmer, for Genesis for example, had a rig of 52 VLs, one control desk and only TWO playbacks. No fancy effects engine or hundreds of cues, just two playbacks. So in the short the moral is to uses chases. He said to me, and he is right, that having a chase instead of a effect can be better becuase you have more control over the chase, you can tap sync it for example, bounce forwards and back in the chases, change direction on the fly, etc etc.

The last peice of advice I constantly remember from all 3 of those guys is.. Keep it simple!

Hope nobody minded me sharing those! Regards,
Children
No Data
Related