developing alternate human interfaces on hog

Has anyone tried to develop tactile interfaces for Hog? I am wondering if it would be possible to build a MAX msp GUI interface or some other programming platform to interface with Hog lighting controller via midi or artnet. one general idea is to have a touchscreen with a visual representation of a lighting array which you could control with gestures like finger painting.
also is there an SDK for the hog platform or a way of modifying or creating windows?
i would like to build chases which you could drag your finger across a rig and have interactive tactile control over. The overall goal will be to create a specific effect for a film but i would like to develop it as something other people may enjoy using as well.

many thanks
-one small fish
joe abraham dean
set lighting console programmer
Parents
  • mmmmmmm...
    I love the idea of a tactile gestural performance mode for controlling a 'light' show, especially as I integrate more multimedia sources, led fixtures, cmy based moving lights, digital spots etc controlled from the hog platform consoles.
    The lighting/visual control becomes integrated into a dance performance by dance movements, rather than programming and playback via timecode or 'next cue'...

And all done with Hog control power...

Hopefully we can see some of this before Hog4!

Ciao,
    Craig
  • mmmmmmm...
    I love the idea of a tactile gestural performance mode for controlling a 'light' show, especially as I integrate more multimedia sources, led fixtures, cmy based moving lights, digital spots etc controlled from the hog platform consoles.
    The lighting/visual control becomes integrated into a dance performance by dance movements, rather than programming and playback via timecode or 'next cue'...

And all done with Hog control power...

Hopefully we can see some of this before Hog4!

Ciao,
    Craig
Children
No Data
Related