developing alternate human interfaces on hog

Has anyone tried to develop tactile interfaces for Hog? I am wondering if it would be possible to build a MAX msp GUI interface or some other programming platform to interface with Hog lighting controller via midi or artnet. one general idea is to have a touchscreen with a visual representation of a lighting array which you could control with gestures like finger painting.
also is there an SDK for the hog platform or a way of modifying or creating windows?
i would like to build chases which you could drag your finger across a rig and have interactive tactile control over. The overall goal will be to create a specific effect for a film but i would like to develop it as something other people may enjoy using as well.

many thanks
-one small fish
joe abraham dean
set lighting console programmer
Parents
  • DOH!!
    I have never heard of Jands Vista until today. I thank you for the direction Just-Lights wish i could buy you all a pint.

Vista seems interesting I am playing with the demo now. I am just not into transitioning into another platform after investing in H3 when H3 is a viable platform. Barco is a strong player with strong R&D emphasis I look forward to what HES/Barco will implement. I am a big fan of open source development and expansion of ideas too though.

I bet the HES tech support guys would be driven nuts by an open ended architecture I could imagine the calls and disclaimers already.

:trink26: ignorance is bliss when tis folly to be wise.
  • DOH!!
    I have never heard of Jands Vista until today. I thank you for the direction Just-Lights wish i could buy you all a pint.

Vista seems interesting I am playing with the demo now. I am just not into transitioning into another platform after investing in H3 when H3 is a viable platform. Barco is a strong player with strong R&D emphasis I look forward to what HES/Barco will implement. I am a big fan of open source development and expansion of ideas too though.

I bet the HES tech support guys would be driven nuts by an open ended architecture I could imagine the calls and disclaimers already.

:trink26: ignorance is bliss when tis folly to be wise.
Children
No Data
Related