RDM/talkback with Media Servers

An interesting feature I have noticed is the ability to see media information on the console.

The console and server I have noticed is the Complulite Vector and the Hippo. Over Art-Net (I think) you can have your server plugged in and browse and preview media files on the console. I think this would be a great ability for the Hog, after all it is a desk that alot of people use servers with, is it not?

Would this ability be easy to implement? How many people think it would be beneficial?

Regards,
Parents
  • Transferring thumbnails is technically pretty easy between Hippo and Vector. Both use Windows and Windows file sharing works between them.
    Though, thumbnails work in Vector I don't use them much (last three years my day job has been programming with Vector Red)
    In working with media servers really groundbreaking would be fixture libraries with good abstraction. Especially when you change layer FX, you get correct parameter abstraction on parameters. I don't know any console which can do that.
    It has been discussed and maybe even logged here some time ago.
  • Transferring thumbnails is technically pretty easy between Hippo and Vector. Both use Windows and Windows file sharing works between them.
    Though, thumbnails work in Vector I don't use them much (last three years my day job has been programming with Vector Red)
    In working with media servers really groundbreaking would be fixture libraries with good abstraction. Especially when you change layer FX, you get correct parameter abstraction on parameters. I don't know any console which can do that.
    It has been discussed and maybe even logged here some time ago.
Children
No Data
Related