RDM/talkback with Media Servers

An interesting feature I have noticed is the ability to see media information on the console.

The console and server I have noticed is the Complulite Vector and the Hippo. Over Art-Net (I think) you can have your server plugged in and browse and preview media files on the console. I think this would be a great ability for the Hog, after all it is a desk that alot of people use servers with, is it not?

Would this ability be easy to implement? How many people think it would be beneficial?

Regards,
Parents
  • [quote=bradpepe;39671]Joe,

I do not see any information easily available about the Hmap2 protocol from Green Hippo. In fact, their website has no mention of it that I could find. I did find a cut sheet from another reseller that listed it as a feature, but with no details. I wonder what the protocol really offers...

I am sat with the latest product catologue that I picked up from thier training manager last week.

"HMap2 - Lighting Console Integration".

From what he told me it allows a user to alter something using the Hippo interface (ZooKeeper) and then record it into the console. Currently if you want to record something on the console, you have to do it from the console. HMap2 allows users to pick and choose which interface to use. This comes in handy when you want to alter something on your video output that you can only do via the server. For example, 9 chan colour is only avaliable on the server in order to keep DMX channels down.

So all in all you can program on the server and record your cues into the console. Currently, the most effective way (I have found) is to program on the server and put things into timelines which can be easily triggered from the console, either by DMX or Art-Net (YEY FULL BOAR!). :D

It proves very time saving with the way Hippo Net and Zookeeper works. Thanks.
  • [quote=bradpepe;39671]Joe,

I do not see any information easily available about the Hmap2 protocol from Green Hippo. In fact, their website has no mention of it that I could find. I did find a cut sheet from another reseller that listed it as a feature, but with no details. I wonder what the protocol really offers...

I am sat with the latest product catologue that I picked up from thier training manager last week.

"HMap2 - Lighting Console Integration".

From what he told me it allows a user to alter something using the Hippo interface (ZooKeeper) and then record it into the console. Currently if you want to record something on the console, you have to do it from the console. HMap2 allows users to pick and choose which interface to use. This comes in handy when you want to alter something on your video output that you can only do via the server. For example, 9 chan colour is only avaliable on the server in order to keep DMX channels down.

So all in all you can program on the server and record your cues into the console. Currently, the most effective way (I have found) is to program on the server and put things into timelines which can be easily triggered from the console, either by DMX or Art-Net (YEY FULL BOAR!). :D

It proves very time saving with the way Hippo Net and Zookeeper works. Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related