Smpte ignored by Simulate?

Hi, just wondering because I just ran into it.

Hogpc3 running as server
Hog3
3 Dp2000
Smpte widget

A timecodeshow. Accidentally the "simulate"window was open at showstart, thus killing/ignoring the smpte coming into the desk. In the simulate window Go was not active. Also timecode was ingmored on the hogpc, where the widget is attached. Is this as designed? And why so?

Regards,

Bhagat
Parents
  • Hi,

I thought as much. Yet, in my case, a showstopper! I must be more carefull when closing a window which is over that button. Nevertheless, one could also think that incoming timecode is stopped only after pressing 'go' in the simulate window, just out of precaution.
    What worried me most, was the fact that smpte stopped at bóth networked hog's, that why I posted. Is that as designed as well?
    Now, this is a setup I only operate now and then, and after some closer inspection, I found out that instead of there being a Console1 and 2, as it should, both consoles are number 2! I suppose this must have happened after the latest upgrade the other operators did, but failed to notice. It does explain that both consoles stopped the smpte. Yet, if you could answer the question above, I would be much obliged.
  • Hi,

I thought as much. Yet, in my case, a showstopper! I must be more carefull when closing a window which is over that button. Nevertheless, one could also think that incoming timecode is stopped only after pressing 'go' in the simulate window, just out of precaution.
    What worried me most, was the fact that smpte stopped at bóth networked hog's, that why I posted. Is that as designed as well?
    Now, this is a setup I only operate now and then, and after some closer inspection, I found out that instead of there being a Console1 and 2, as it should, both consoles are number 2! I suppose this must have happened after the latest upgrade the other operators did, but failed to notice. It does explain that both consoles stopped the smpte. Yet, if you could answer the question above, I would be much obliged.
Children
No Data
Related