Smpte ignored by Simulate?

Hi, just wondering because I just ran into it.

Hogpc3 running as server
Hog3
3 Dp2000
Smpte widget

A timecodeshow. Accidentally the "simulate"window was open at showstart, thus killing/ignoring the smpte coming into the desk. In the simulate window Go was not active. Also timecode was ingmored on the hogpc, where the widget is attached. Is this as designed? And why so?

Regards,

Bhagat
Parents
  • "smpte stopped at both networked hogs"... Is that as designed as well?"

Yes. Each console on the network that is capable of receiving timecode acts as a timecode source for the entire network. Each cuelist has the option to choose which node on the network you want to listen to for timecode. If the timecode node that the cuelist is listening to stops running, then the cuelist stops and since the cuelist is shared by all the desks on the network, then it applies to all desks.

As far as both consoles being set to net #2... the software shouldn't even allow you to log on as console #2 if console #2 is already acting as the show server. But in any case, this is not why timecode stopped on both consoles. That happens for the reason I explained above.
  • "smpte stopped at both networked hogs"... Is that as designed as well?"

Yes. Each console on the network that is capable of receiving timecode acts as a timecode source for the entire network. Each cuelist has the option to choose which node on the network you want to listen to for timecode. If the timecode node that the cuelist is listening to stops running, then the cuelist stops and since the cuelist is shared by all the desks on the network, then it applies to all desks.

As far as both consoles being set to net #2... the software shouldn't even allow you to log on as console #2 if console #2 is already acting as the show server. But in any case, this is not why timecode stopped on both consoles. That happens for the reason I explained above.
Children
No Data
Related