Full Boar Artnet universes

Hi!

Am I limited to only 12 universes using Full Boars Artnet? DMX-processes settings have output options to 16 universes but no data is received from my artnet devices if I use outputs 13-16.

My rig is 2 Hippotizers, 10 * Showpix I'd like to use in full mode thru the other hippo and enough movers and other stuff to fill up 3 universes. So the total would be 14 DMX-universes. Any ideas?

Ike
Parents
  • The Full Boar can have 12 via the ethercon port called "fixture link" on its rear panel. Now whether you can use your four 5 pin universes as Art-net aswell, I do not know. You are getting "full Art-Net". The reason it is limited is probably because of the processing speeds. This is an overall concept with the Hog platform, if you want more output, add more DPs, thus keeping the speed of the network the same. If it is not possible to configure the four on board universes to Art-Net, then the best option would be add a DP8K to the network.

Regards,
  • The Full Boar can have 12 via the ethercon port called "fixture link" on its rear panel. Now whether you can use your four 5 pin universes as Art-net aswell, I do not know. You are getting "full Art-Net". The reason it is limited is probably because of the processing speeds. This is an overall concept with the Hog platform, if you want more output, add more DPs, thus keeping the speed of the network the same. If it is not possible to configure the four on board universes to Art-Net, then the best option would be add a DP8K to the network.

Regards,
Children
No Data
Related