How to create startup and shutdown queue

I have some fixtures that need to be striked before the show (lamp on) and then doused at the end of the show (lamp off).

Is there a way that I can do this with a cuelist?

I would like to do this because I am creating a show/cuelist to automatically startup when the system is started. I need to make things as simple as possible for the operator for a musical - just keep pressing the go button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross
Parents
  • Mick,

Most manufacturers actually incorporate a delay on lamp strikes based on fixtures' unique id. All HES fixtures strike at slightly different times based on the serial number of the logic board in the fixture. This is a preventative measure to protect systems and not draw large amounts of current at the same moment. Of course not all manufacturer's do this same thing so it does not hurt to apply a delay as you suggest.

Having said that, I have struck hundreds of lamps on large rigs many times with a single command with no adverse affect.
  • Mick,

Most manufacturers actually incorporate a delay on lamp strikes based on fixtures' unique id. All HES fixtures strike at slightly different times based on the serial number of the logic board in the fixture. This is a preventative measure to protect systems and not draw large amounts of current at the same moment. Of course not all manufacturer's do this same thing so it does not hurt to apply a delay as you suggest.

Having said that, I have struck hundreds of lamps on large rigs many times with a single command with no adverse affect.
Children
No Data
Related