Run HOG 3PC as non-administrator

When I open the HOG 3 on my "limited" account, an error pops up. When I run the HOG 3 on an "administrator" account it procedes to the show selection. How do I make the HOG 3 work on my limited account so i don't have to change my account to admin mode?
Parents
  • I assume you are running Vista..? If so, take a look at this tech note: www.highend.com/support/downloads/dl/Installing%20Hog%203PC%20on%20Vista.pdf.

Taken from the download:

“Unknown Exception” when running Hog 3PC after installation We recommend turning off Vista " User Access Control" in Windows Control Panel/User Accounts. If you wish to leave UAC on, right click on the Hog 3PC shortcut and select "Run as Administrator".

I have a feeling that this was what you were seeing. Turn UAC off and things should be OK afterwards. Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
  • I assume you are running Vista..? If so, take a look at this tech note: www.highend.com/support/downloads/dl/Installing%20Hog%203PC%20on%20Vista.pdf.

Taken from the download:

“Unknown Exception” when running Hog 3PC after installation We recommend turning off Vista " User Access Control" in Windows Control Panel/User Accounts. If you wish to leave UAC on, right click on the Hog 3PC shortcut and select "Run as Administrator".

I have a feeling that this was what you were seeing. Turn UAC off and things should be OK afterwards. Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Children
No Data
Related