Run HOG 3PC as non-administrator

When I open the HOG 3 on my "limited" account, an error pops up. When I run the HOG 3 on an "administrator" account it procedes to the show selection. How do I make the HOG 3 work on my limited account so i don't have to change my account to admin mode?
Parents
  • i notice you've tagged this with group policy, so i'm going to assume you're joined to a domain, which means i have to ask what specifically you mean by "limited" user, and whether or not there are Mandatory Profiles involved.

any errors prior to the "Wholehog Start" window being shown are most likely to be cause by ACL Deny entries, either on a file system or on the FPS DHCP and TFTP services. Typically, 3PC will not complain and will continue to function, even if it isn't allowed to write to %ProgramFiles%. Though it is of course possible that it's something in your GPO's, such as Software Restriction, or policies concerning the scripting that 3PC uses for some of its configuration.

either way, it might be helpful to state what the error was, and to post a GPMC-style RSoP logging report against the "limited" user on the target machine. there's always procmon, too.

for what it's worth, i've found that 3PC is perfectly happy with a standard user token, even when %appdata% is loopback-GPO-redirected to DFS and working offline. so it's definately doable, except for installing hardware.
  • i notice you've tagged this with group policy, so i'm going to assume you're joined to a domain, which means i have to ask what specifically you mean by "limited" user, and whether or not there are Mandatory Profiles involved.

any errors prior to the "Wholehog Start" window being shown are most likely to be cause by ACL Deny entries, either on a file system or on the FPS DHCP and TFTP services. Typically, 3PC will not complain and will continue to function, even if it isn't allowed to write to %ProgramFiles%. Though it is of course possible that it's something in your GPO's, such as Software Restriction, or policies concerning the scripting that 3PC uses for some of its configuration.

either way, it might be helpful to state what the error was, and to post a GPMC-style RSoP logging report against the "limited" user on the target machine. there's always procmon, too.

for what it's worth, i've found that 3PC is perfectly happy with a standard user token, even when %appdata% is loopback-GPO-redirected to DFS and working offline. so it's definately doable, except for installing hardware.
Children
No Data
Related