Random Offsets

I would like a button in the effect directory/engine where I can select my fixtures and press "random offset" to give each of them a random offset. As the fixture count gets bigger, the time I have to take to assign each fixture a different "random" one, gets longer and more time consuming.

Or when things like the calculator are implemented, there to be an option of a random number between 0 and 360. I would find this request very useful, but I know it will go to the bottom of the pile (and rightly so); but still, could somebody please log it if it hasn’t been already?

Alternatively, if anybody has any other suggestions on how to do this very quickly, I am all ears!

Regards,
Parents
  • Joe,

1 keystroke randomizer could be nice. Though, I'm fine with the current way. But, I think it would be nice if could have a randomizer or shuffler for parameters -> you select a range of parameters from programmer window and pressing random would give random values based on the lowest and highest values found from the cells. Also you could use shuffle to reorder the parameter values. The selection stays the same, but values are copied from fixture to another random style (shuffle the parameters)
  • Joe,

1 keystroke randomizer could be nice. Though, I'm fine with the current way. But, I think it would be nice if could have a randomizer or shuffler for parameters -> you select a range of parameters from programmer window and pressing random would give random values based on the lowest and highest values found from the cells. Also you could use shuffle to reorder the parameter values. The selection stays the same, but values are copied from fixture to another random style (shuffle the parameters)
Children
No Data
Related