Hog III control via Iphone

I have been trying to get the iphone to work as a remote for hog III.
I saw a thread that said there was a podcast to show how it is done but I can't find it.
Anybody know how to do this.
I tried to download vnc for iphone and get it talking to the mac but to no avail.
If somebody has step by step instruction on how to accomplish this I would be greatly a in HOG HEAVEN.

Remote focus of movers via iphone wow.
tim
Parents
  • I got the vnc for iphone working but I was using virtual box to run XP which wa running Hog III pc. There was a significant lag time in the response between iphone and the computer. This would drive you crazy trying to made position palettes, which is one of the main functionalities I would like the iphone to be able to do.
    A highend app for the iphone that could be configured for a wireless router networked to the Hog III or Hog IPC running III software would be outstanding.
    It could be HOG III lite with just programming functions (pan, tilt intensity, Beam parameters, etc...) and have the ability to record and update pallettes.
    Also being able to remotely trigger the cue so you could see what your show looks like from the stage and from different spots in the audience.
    With the proliferation of the iphone in the industry I believe thsi would be helpful and maybe even profitable. I would pay a nominal fee for this ability.

That being said is there a tutorial on how to use a windows laptop and connect via a wireless router to the HOG II or Hog IPC. That way I could control the console remotely. I do a lot of corporate meetings/theater. Most of the time the console is set up in the corner of the room some 100 feet off axis of the center line. Changing fucuses and setting levels requires me to have a good ME who knows the console to help out. Sometimes I have no such person on the call and end up running back and forth to get it right.
    Or I spend 20 minutes trying to explain to the FOH sound guy how to select instruments and pan and tilt. You all can see why this would be a very useful feature in my world. I know it's not all about me but....

tahnk you all for your help. I have been a HOG guy exclusively for 15 years and am just getting into the forum for the first time.
    tim
  • I got the vnc for iphone working but I was using virtual box to run XP which wa running Hog III pc. There was a significant lag time in the response between iphone and the computer. This would drive you crazy trying to made position palettes, which is one of the main functionalities I would like the iphone to be able to do.
    A highend app for the iphone that could be configured for a wireless router networked to the Hog III or Hog IPC running III software would be outstanding.
    It could be HOG III lite with just programming functions (pan, tilt intensity, Beam parameters, etc...) and have the ability to record and update pallettes.
    Also being able to remotely trigger the cue so you could see what your show looks like from the stage and from different spots in the audience.
    With the proliferation of the iphone in the industry I believe thsi would be helpful and maybe even profitable. I would pay a nominal fee for this ability.

That being said is there a tutorial on how to use a windows laptop and connect via a wireless router to the HOG II or Hog IPC. That way I could control the console remotely. I do a lot of corporate meetings/theater. Most of the time the console is set up in the corner of the room some 100 feet off axis of the center line. Changing fucuses and setting levels requires me to have a good ME who knows the console to help out. Sometimes I have no such person on the call and end up running back and forth to get it right.
    Or I spend 20 minutes trying to explain to the FOH sound guy how to select instruments and pan and tilt. You all can see why this would be a very useful feature in my world. I know it's not all about me but....

tahnk you all for your help. I have been a HOG guy exclusively for 15 years and am just getting into the forum for the first time.
    tim
Children
No Data
Related