Hog III control via Iphone

I have been trying to get the iphone to work as a remote for hog III.
I saw a thread that said there was a podcast to show how it is done but I can't find it.
Anybody know how to do this.
I tried to download vnc for iphone and get it talking to the mac but to no avail.
If somebody has step by step instruction on how to accomplish this I would be greatly a in HOG HEAVEN.

Remote focus of movers via iphone wow.
tim
Parents
  • I realize everyone wants an app (I do too)....but right now, for me, it's just candy. I use a wireless router at FOH on the Hognet side of my console. I open my laptop on a roadcase onstage, roll around with my light meter and make focus and intensity changes with no issues at all.

This can be done with any laptop with a wireless card (PC or Mac running Bootcamp, fusion, etc) and a wireless router (lock it down so people don't think it's an internet connection).

One thing that can't be done with an iphone app (or blackberry, palm, whatever), is the ability to add wings. Right now, I have a roadcase with my Mac and the programming wing attached. I knock out focuses onstage extremely fast having the physical encoders, trackball, etc.

Now...all that being said, yes, I want an iphone app. I'm all for it. Even with the iphone app, you'll still need a wireless router setup properly in order to access it....and possibly Hog3PC running on a server of some type (not sure...just guessing). So all it is really doing is adding in a platform to let you see it on your small phone as opposed to a 13, 15, 17 screen (whatever size your laptop is).

Just wanted to throw those thoughts out...
  • I realize everyone wants an app (I do too)....but right now, for me, it's just candy. I use a wireless router at FOH on the Hognet side of my console. I open my laptop on a roadcase onstage, roll around with my light meter and make focus and intensity changes with no issues at all.

This can be done with any laptop with a wireless card (PC or Mac running Bootcamp, fusion, etc) and a wireless router (lock it down so people don't think it's an internet connection).

One thing that can't be done with an iphone app (or blackberry, palm, whatever), is the ability to add wings. Right now, I have a roadcase with my Mac and the programming wing attached. I knock out focuses onstage extremely fast having the physical encoders, trackball, etc.

Now...all that being said, yes, I want an iphone app. I'm all for it. Even with the iphone app, you'll still need a wireless router setup properly in order to access it....and possibly Hog3PC running on a server of some type (not sure...just guessing). So all it is really doing is adding in a platform to let you see it on your small phone as opposed to a 13, 15, 17 screen (whatever size your laptop is).

Just wanted to throw those thoughts out...
Children
No Data
Related