Hog III control via Iphone

I have been trying to get the iphone to work as a remote for hog III.
I saw a thread that said there was a podcast to show how it is done but I can't find it.
Anybody know how to do this.
I tried to download vnc for iphone and get it talking to the mac but to no avail.
If somebody has step by step instruction on how to accomplish this I would be greatly a in HOG HEAVEN.

Remote focus of movers via iphone wow.
tim
Parents
  • Hello,

did not have the time to reply earlier, but here I am.

About the application which I wrote, which You can see on the page (lightdesign.from.lu/remote/). Yes it is working, I used it a few times, there should however be some changes on the layout of the buttons, some of them are too small and so on.
    It is working this way. if you press a button on the iphone, it is sending the command to a Windows pc, where hog3Pc is installed. I wrote a small application, which runs on the same PC, and is listening on the network. Here it gets commands from the iphone application. In fact these commands are single words like "undo", "next", "1", "thru". The application on the PC has a file which maps the commands to keystrokes. These keystrokes are then sent to Hog3PC which executes them.

This is working pretty well, might be enough for some applications. But the major Problem is that You have no feedback on the iphone about where the desk is about. If You are on stage with the iphone, and typing "1 tru 20 enter", you have no clue if the command line is empty or not, so you keep on pressing backspace on the iphone to be sure.

This is in fact the main Problem why I did not release the application yet, because I am not happy with the result. And the Problem (beside other cool feature which could be done, but at the current stage are not possible (pan tilt control f.ex)) is that I am not able to get a feedback from the Hog3PC application in any way. I am sending keystrokes to it, this does work, this is a standard Windows behavior. The Hog3PC Application is not written using standard Windows Components (because of the code reusage for Linux), otherwise it would have been possible to read-out the command line, and sending this back to the iPhone.

So this is where we are at the moment. Perhaps HighEnd could give me a hint how to readout the command line, and to simulate the rotation of the 4 Wheels thru an external Programm, we could create a Non-High-End remote in the meanwhile (which I understand, I guess they have so many features in the Pipe) which would be usefull (at least a lot better than the current version).

It would be a pleasure for me to finalize the application, and release both the application as well as the Windows Programm for free to the Hog Community, and surely listen to the remarks and suggestions to enhance the Program. Also, if HighEnd would like to reuse my sources, to have a look at them, or to reuse some work already be done, sure no Problems either.

Would be cool if we could find a way to finalize this one, because in fact we are already close to the finish-line :)

Best Greetings from Luxembourg

Tom
  • Hello,

did not have the time to reply earlier, but here I am.

About the application which I wrote, which You can see on the page (lightdesign.from.lu/remote/). Yes it is working, I used it a few times, there should however be some changes on the layout of the buttons, some of them are too small and so on.
    It is working this way. if you press a button on the iphone, it is sending the command to a Windows pc, where hog3Pc is installed. I wrote a small application, which runs on the same PC, and is listening on the network. Here it gets commands from the iphone application. In fact these commands are single words like "undo", "next", "1", "thru". The application on the PC has a file which maps the commands to keystrokes. These keystrokes are then sent to Hog3PC which executes them.

This is working pretty well, might be enough for some applications. But the major Problem is that You have no feedback on the iphone about where the desk is about. If You are on stage with the iphone, and typing "1 tru 20 enter", you have no clue if the command line is empty or not, so you keep on pressing backspace on the iphone to be sure.

This is in fact the main Problem why I did not release the application yet, because I am not happy with the result. And the Problem (beside other cool feature which could be done, but at the current stage are not possible (pan tilt control f.ex)) is that I am not able to get a feedback from the Hog3PC application in any way. I am sending keystrokes to it, this does work, this is a standard Windows behavior. The Hog3PC Application is not written using standard Windows Components (because of the code reusage for Linux), otherwise it would have been possible to read-out the command line, and sending this back to the iPhone.

So this is where we are at the moment. Perhaps HighEnd could give me a hint how to readout the command line, and to simulate the rotation of the 4 Wheels thru an external Programm, we could create a Non-High-End remote in the meanwhile (which I understand, I guess they have so many features in the Pipe) which would be usefull (at least a lot better than the current version).

It would be a pleasure for me to finalize the application, and release both the application as well as the Windows Programm for free to the Hog Community, and surely listen to the remarks and suggestions to enhance the Program. Also, if HighEnd would like to reuse my sources, to have a look at them, or to reuse some work already be done, sure no Problems either.

Would be cool if we could find a way to finalize this one, because in fact we are already close to the finish-line :)

Best Greetings from Luxembourg

Tom
Children
No Data
Related