Hog III control via Iphone

I have been trying to get the iphone to work as a remote for hog III.
I saw a thread that said there was a podcast to show how it is done but I can't find it.
Anybody know how to do this.
I tried to download vnc for iphone and get it talking to the mac but to no avail.
If somebody has step by step instruction on how to accomplish this I would be greatly a in HOG HEAVEN.

Remote focus of movers via iphone wow.
tim
Parents
  • [quote=aphylotus;38132]give me a hint how to readout the command line, and to simulate the rotation of the 4 Wheels

Tom,

you're right, accessing properties of Qt objects requires nothing short of dll injection into the desktop process, which i do not recommend.

while 2PC does not use Qt, it presents a similar challenge. i found that grabbing the Device Context to get an actual image was far more useful than getting text; setting a timer to call user32's GetDC(), ReleaseDC() and gdi32's StretchBlt() allowed me to perform very efficient screen grabs and to detect changes before sending to an RFU. having an image of the command line to display encoder assignments and immediate values makes a huge difference while on stage:

[ATTACH]1221[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1222[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1223[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1224[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1225[/ATTACH]

rotating the wheels (also in this example, touching the 2PC touchschreen) is a dead-simple FindWindow(), FindWindowEx(), and then SendMessage() or PostMessage() WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_LBUTTONUP.

also attached to this post is a class diagram of my 2PC RFU project, with the desktop application on the left, the ppc application on the right, and code shared between the two at the top; you might be able to pull some ideas from it.

feel free to e-mail me, any time.
  • [quote=aphylotus;38132]give me a hint how to readout the command line, and to simulate the rotation of the 4 Wheels

Tom,

you're right, accessing properties of Qt objects requires nothing short of dll injection into the desktop process, which i do not recommend.

while 2PC does not use Qt, it presents a similar challenge. i found that grabbing the Device Context to get an actual image was far more useful than getting text; setting a timer to call user32's GetDC(), ReleaseDC() and gdi32's StretchBlt() allowed me to perform very efficient screen grabs and to detect changes before sending to an RFU. having an image of the command line to display encoder assignments and immediate values makes a huge difference while on stage:

[ATTACH]1221[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1222[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1223[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1224[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1225[/ATTACH]

rotating the wheels (also in this example, touching the 2PC touchschreen) is a dead-simple FindWindow(), FindWindowEx(), and then SendMessage() or PostMessage() WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_LBUTTONUP.

also attached to this post is a class diagram of my 2PC RFU project, with the desktop application on the left, the ppc application on the right, and code shared between the two at the top; you might be able to pull some ideas from it.

feel free to e-mail me, any time.
Children
No Data
Related