Hog III control via Iphone

I have been trying to get the iphone to work as a remote for hog III.
I saw a thread that said there was a podcast to show how it is done but I can't find it.
Anybody know how to do this.
I tried to download vnc for iphone and get it talking to the mac but to no avail.
If somebody has step by step instruction on how to accomplish this I would be greatly a in HOG HEAVEN.

Remote focus of movers via iphone wow.
tim
Parents
  • In theory, I don't see why not. It's just running Snatch. You can connect multiples to the same server on the computer. The only thing you'd have to watch for would be sending two commands at once.

FYI: If anyone cares, Snatch is $3.99 in the App Store. So, for $3.99, you can build it however you want. The Server side on the computer will run on Mac, XP or Vista so it doesn't matter what flavor computer you're using. If you use Snatch, they allow you to upload screens so if you want them, just let me know and I can email them off.

Also, there are some really cool remotes for Adobe CS4, Final Cut Pro, etc. that you can load for other apps.

Thanks for the kind comments Joe. I worked hard on the layout to see what worked and what didn't. The one thing I found that made it easier is to make a "background plate" in Photoshop to layout how I wanted it. Then, in Snatch, I setup "clear" buttons that overlay the actual buttons. That way, if I need to change something, I update the plate in Photoshop and keep going.

The latest version of Snatch has upgraded from 4 screens to 8. I'm going to play around and see what I can come up with for the other screens. Some other new features that I haven't played around with yet is shortcut keys can now be programmed to perform any sequence of remote control actions, not just keystrokes. You can record mouse gestures and clicks, application-launching and quitting commands, and you can add short pauses in the recording. This makes it possible to use the app as a productivity-enhancing and work-saving automation tool. It could get more interesting to come up with some ways to use the mouse gestures and clicks if I can get it implemented.

J
  • In theory, I don't see why not. It's just running Snatch. You can connect multiples to the same server on the computer. The only thing you'd have to watch for would be sending two commands at once.

FYI: If anyone cares, Snatch is $3.99 in the App Store. So, for $3.99, you can build it however you want. The Server side on the computer will run on Mac, XP or Vista so it doesn't matter what flavor computer you're using. If you use Snatch, they allow you to upload screens so if you want them, just let me know and I can email them off.

Also, there are some really cool remotes for Adobe CS4, Final Cut Pro, etc. that you can load for other apps.

Thanks for the kind comments Joe. I worked hard on the layout to see what worked and what didn't. The one thing I found that made it easier is to make a "background plate" in Photoshop to layout how I wanted it. Then, in Snatch, I setup "clear" buttons that overlay the actual buttons. That way, if I need to change something, I update the plate in Photoshop and keep going.

The latest version of Snatch has upgraded from 4 screens to 8. I'm going to play around and see what I can come up with for the other screens. Some other new features that I haven't played around with yet is shortcut keys can now be programmed to perform any sequence of remote control actions, not just keystrokes. You can record mouse gestures and clicks, application-launching and quitting commands, and you can add short pauses in the recording. This makes it possible to use the app as a productivity-enhancing and work-saving automation tool. It could get more interesting to come up with some ways to use the mouse gestures and clicks if I can get it implemented.

J
Children
No Data
Related