Hog III control via Iphone

I have been trying to get the iphone to work as a remote for hog III.
I saw a thread that said there was a podcast to show how it is done but I can't find it.
Anybody know how to do this.
I tried to download vnc for iphone and get it talking to the mac but to no avail.
If somebody has step by step instruction on how to accomplish this I would be greatly a in HOG HEAVEN.

Remote focus of movers via iphone wow.
tim
Parents
  • [QUOTE=nunny;44897]Please excuse me for my ignorance on this topic, im very new to networking, never needed to do it before,

I may be barking up the wrong tree with the above solution to use ipod touch as a remote,

If i explain what im aiming to do maybe you could help me a little more.

I simply want to use my ipod touch to turn dimmer channels on whilst focussing, ill be using hog3 pc on my laptop so i need to setup the connection between the ipod touch and the laptop

Is this just a case of VNC to trigger the laptop from the phone??

Im having a nightmare trying to get vnc lite and real vnc to talk on windows 7 just keeps popping up error message saying host closed the session.

Hope this makes sense

Mike

Mike,

The App I built is using the Snatch server app as the backbone. There is a desktop server required, but looking at the site, it only lists XP and Vista. It might work with Windows 7, but as I'm a Mac user, I have no idea.

www.hoofien.com/Snatch/downloads.html

For the iTouch itself, you need the Snatch app from the iTunes store. It's $3.99.
    www.itunes.com/apps/snatch

Now, the reason I went this route is that I was never able to get VNC Lite to connect properly. With Snatch, you launch the server on your 3PC machine in the background, connect the iTouch and you can use the screens that Scott and I came up with to use the keypad, choose buttons, etc.

With our screens and Snatch, I use it all the time to recall dimmer channels, LEDs, etc. It can do pretty much anything there is a keyboard shortcut for (ie NOT the encoder wheels). All of the buttons are already mapped and, as long as you make sure the laptop is in MAP mode, you'll be good to go.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the VNC lite as I was never able to get it to work properly either.

Jon
  • [QUOTE=nunny;44897]Please excuse me for my ignorance on this topic, im very new to networking, never needed to do it before,

I may be barking up the wrong tree with the above solution to use ipod touch as a remote,

If i explain what im aiming to do maybe you could help me a little more.

I simply want to use my ipod touch to turn dimmer channels on whilst focussing, ill be using hog3 pc on my laptop so i need to setup the connection between the ipod touch and the laptop

Is this just a case of VNC to trigger the laptop from the phone??

Im having a nightmare trying to get vnc lite and real vnc to talk on windows 7 just keeps popping up error message saying host closed the session.

Hope this makes sense

Mike

Mike,

The App I built is using the Snatch server app as the backbone. There is a desktop server required, but looking at the site, it only lists XP and Vista. It might work with Windows 7, but as I'm a Mac user, I have no idea.

www.hoofien.com/Snatch/downloads.html

For the iTouch itself, you need the Snatch app from the iTunes store. It's $3.99.
    www.itunes.com/apps/snatch

Now, the reason I went this route is that I was never able to get VNC Lite to connect properly. With Snatch, you launch the server on your 3PC machine in the background, connect the iTouch and you can use the screens that Scott and I came up with to use the keypad, choose buttons, etc.

With our screens and Snatch, I use it all the time to recall dimmer channels, LEDs, etc. It can do pretty much anything there is a keyboard shortcut for (ie NOT the encoder wheels). All of the buttons are already mapped and, as long as you make sure the laptop is in MAP mode, you'll be good to go.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the VNC lite as I was never able to get it to work properly either.

Jon
Children
No Data
Related