Patching a DMX dimmer and fog into Hog 3pc, and a Widget substitute

I want to patch a set of work lights (yes they are dimmable) for a show. I am going to buy the DMX dimmer an I dont know how to patch it in.
(Here)

Plus I would like to know if this would work as a widget.
(Here)

Here is the Fog Machine and here is the Adapter
Parents

• OK. I don’t think you are understanding the dimmer situation are you..?

Let’s say you have two Par 64s for example. You plug them into channel 1 and channel 2 on the dimmer respectively. Channel 1 is par 1 and channel 2 is par 2.

On the dimmer pack -

You set channel 1 to lets say DMX channel 1.
    You set channel 2 to lets say DMX channel 2.

(This should be covered in the manual for the dimmer packs)

On the console -

Open your patch window. [Setup] [Patch]. You press the "fixture schedule" button towards the top left of the primary touchscreen. Scroll down to "generic" in the schedule and select "desk channel". This is a dimmer channel. Press [set] [2] [enter]. Press "OK". Now patch both of those channels to a DMX channel. The first desk channel to DMX channel 1 on universe 1 and then desk channel 2 to DMX channel 2 on universe 1.

As for the fogger, there is an "X channel fogger", in the schedule somewhere. Let’s say you have a 3 channel fog machine, find the 3 channel fogger and patch that. I think it is also under the generic tab.

Sorry if I was being a bit patronising, but I couldn’t tell what your experience level was, so thought I would explain all of it from a basic level. Let us know if that works.

Best wishes and I hope this helps :)

• OK. I don’t think you are understanding the dimmer situation are you..?

Let’s say you have two Par 64s for example. You plug them into channel 1 and channel 2 on the dimmer respectively. Channel 1 is par 1 and channel 2 is par 2.

On the dimmer pack -

You set channel 1 to lets say DMX channel 1.
    You set channel 2 to lets say DMX channel 2.

(This should be covered in the manual for the dimmer packs)

On the console -

Open your patch window. [Setup] [Patch]. You press the "fixture schedule" button towards the top left of the primary touchscreen. Scroll down to "generic" in the schedule and select "desk channel". This is a dimmer channel. Press [set] [2] [enter]. Press "OK". Now patch both of those channels to a DMX channel. The first desk channel to DMX channel 1 on universe 1 and then desk channel 2 to DMX channel 2 on universe 1.

As for the fogger, there is an "X channel fogger", in the schedule somewhere. Let’s say you have a 3 channel fog machine, find the 3 channel fogger and patch that. I think it is also under the generic tab.

Sorry if I was being a bit patronising, but I couldn’t tell what your experience level was, so thought I would explain all of it from a basic level. Let us know if that works.

Best wishes and I hope this helps :)
Children
No Data
Related