Df-50 Hazer

Hello,

I am trying to setup a DF-50 Hazer (older model no DMX) to be controlled by the hog system. Would it be possible to plug the power for the Hazer into a dimmer and then patch it as a non-dimmable fixture? I tried this but on the hog the intensity just stays at 0. I guess what I am asking is, is there a way to have a fixture so the power is either 0 or 100 no values in between?

Thanks,

kmkarim
Parents
  • > i've been taught not to put anything not made
    > to dim on a dimmer. Something about even at
    > 100% the curve isn't completely full.

See this thread, it covers the issue rather well:
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=5155

In general, it's a bad idea to put anything other than an incandescent lamp on a dimmer. Fluorescent lamps can be OK provided you're using a dimmable fluorescent ballast and dimmers rated for fluorescent loads.

Anything else is a risk. How big a risk depends on a specific gear.

A fogger is probably less of a risk than something like a plasma TV or moving light. Many foggers are little more than a heater with a fan and pump. To a dimmer, the heater coil looks exactly like a light bulb. The catch is that the fan and pump motors can be burned out by the non-sinewave dimmer output. Just get a DMX remote or DMX relay; You'll sleep more soundly.
  • > i've been taught not to put anything not made
    > to dim on a dimmer. Something about even at
    > 100% the curve isn't completely full.

See this thread, it covers the issue rather well:
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=5155

In general, it's a bad idea to put anything other than an incandescent lamp on a dimmer. Fluorescent lamps can be OK provided you're using a dimmable fluorescent ballast and dimmers rated for fluorescent loads.

Anything else is a risk. How big a risk depends on a specific gear.

A fogger is probably less of a risk than something like a plasma TV or moving light. Many foggers are little more than a heater with a fan and pump. To a dimmer, the heater coil looks exactly like a light bulb. The catch is that the fan and pump motors can be burned out by the non-sinewave dimmer output. Just get a DMX remote or DMX relay; You'll sleep more soundly.
Children
No Data
Related