DL in WYSIWYG

Hi,guys,I'm a new comer of WYSIWYG,I have some questions about WYSIWYG

1. Can the Highend product--DL.2 capture something in WYSIWYG.In WYSIWYG,the DL.2 is 170 channels,but it only functioning for motion(only pan/tilt,zoom/focuse or intensity),it offers 30 images for DL.2,but all of them are same image(colour bar image ),can the DL.2 have capture function like "screen",so I can connect to my capture device to input the video for DL.2?
I know ESP Vision does.

2.For the rendering,only still image the WYSIWYG output?Or it also output .avi video file?
Parents
  • I personally never need more than my AXON sitting next to me with my WYG and my console to pre-vis DLs. I find WYG is really only useful for "Motion" pre-vis....positions etc.... and the AXON works fine by itself for media pre-vis. K.I.S.S. ;)

But since the question has been raised....I have had good results with the Canopus boxes:

desktop.grassvalley.com/products/TwinPact100/TwinPact100.php

This allows you to come in directly from the AXON's VGA thru Firewire as DV and saves you from having to scan convert the AXON's output to say S-video or composite first and then again to DV (if you have an S-video port on your computer then your internal capture card is already converting to DV).

Keep in mind that you will be limited as to how many video inputs you can have so you will not really be able to visualize multiple fixtures (not to mention that you would also then need multiple AXONs.....at which point you are better off getting some pre-programming with real fixtures).

Also you will need to make sure you are running the PERFORM version of WYG or you will not be able to input video.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I personally never need more than my AXON sitting next to me with my WYG and my console to pre-vis DLs. I find WYG is really only useful for "Motion" pre-vis....positions etc.... and the AXON works fine by itself for media pre-vis. K.I.S.S. ;)

But since the question has been raised....I have had good results with the Canopus boxes:

desktop.grassvalley.com/products/TwinPact100/TwinPact100.php

This allows you to come in directly from the AXON's VGA thru Firewire as DV and saves you from having to scan convert the AXON's output to say S-video or composite first and then again to DV (if you have an S-video port on your computer then your internal capture card is already converting to DV).

Keep in mind that you will be limited as to how many video inputs you can have so you will not really be able to visualize multiple fixtures (not to mention that you would also then need multiple AXONs.....at which point you are better off getting some pre-programming with real fixtures).

Also you will need to make sure you are running the PERFORM version of WYG or you will not be able to input video.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related