VMware vs parallels in the Hog/lighting world

Hey all-

I'm unfortunately and fortunately in the market for a new computer right now, as my Powerbook finally bit the dust! I'm wondering, I read all about VMware and parallels (mainly the latter) being used in the lighting world (and others). Is there a plus to either piece? Does anyone have a preference for a reason? Does one work better than the other?

Thanks!
Parents
  • Well, I used windows for years as well. I can't say I was using them at 5, but probably 10 or so. Heck, at the moment, I'm on the PC I built in college running XP....only like 6 years old now, but still running strong. It was only when I got into CAD and rendering that I went for a Mac. Honestly, I've run both programs (VMware and Parallels), but I just want the feeling from those whom use it daily. Since I've only dabbled, I'm not as familiar in all the intricasies and subtleties in both programs.
  • Well, I used windows for years as well. I can't say I was using them at 5, but probably 10 or so. Heck, at the moment, I'm on the PC I built in college running XP....only like 6 years old now, but still running strong. It was only when I got into CAD and rendering that I went for a Mac. Honestly, I've run both programs (VMware and Parallels), but I just want the feeling from those whom use it daily. Since I've only dabbled, I'm not as familiar in all the intricasies and subtleties in both programs.
Children
No Data
Related