VMware vs parallels in the Hog/lighting world

Hey all-

I'm unfortunately and fortunately in the market for a new computer right now, as my Powerbook finally bit the dust! I'm wondering, I read all about VMware and parallels (mainly the latter) being used in the lighting world (and others). Is there a plus to either piece? Does anyone have a preference for a reason? Does one work better than the other?

Thanks!
Parents
  • I just bought a new brand MacBook Pro 17 and I'm very happy with it. I did install windows Xp under bootcamp and everything runs smoothy. I'm obviously using bootcamp for anything connected to lighting such as wysiwyg hog 3pc and every other editor I'm using and like I said everything works perfectly. the only inconvenience when using Hog3pc is that you can't turn on keyboard's shortcut because of the lack of the pause button. That's something you can do under parallels. Workaround is attaching a usb keyboard.
    One other good thing with Mac is that you can run the catalyst and preview your work without necessarily having the media server and that's a gook thing if you do loads of work with the catalyst as I'm doing.
    that's my 2 cents obviously but I see no advantages in using a windows based pc.
  • I just bought a new brand MacBook Pro 17 and I'm very happy with it. I did install windows Xp under bootcamp and everything runs smoothy. I'm obviously using bootcamp for anything connected to lighting such as wysiwyg hog 3pc and every other editor I'm using and like I said everything works perfectly. the only inconvenience when using Hog3pc is that you can't turn on keyboard's shortcut because of the lack of the pause button. That's something you can do under parallels. Workaround is attaching a usb keyboard.
    One other good thing with Mac is that you can run the catalyst and preview your work without necessarily having the media server and that's a gook thing if you do loads of work with the catalyst as I'm doing.
    that's my 2 cents obviously but I see no advantages in using a windows based pc.
Children
No Data
Related