Network File Sharing

Hi, I have this working and am able to access a shared folder from my IPC. Is it possible to access the shows folder on the IPC from my PC? I went into My Computer and then clicked tools, Map Network Drive and typed in \\172.31.0.1\shows in the folder entry and it seemed to connect but then it asked me for a password? This is in 3.0.4 and the PC is XP Prof. with SP3.

Thanks
Eric
Parents
  • One other question in regards to network file sharing, I have a computer that is wirelessly connected and when I start Hog3PC, it is able to see the show server and connect to the show. I'm trying to map the network drive on this PC on the IPC and I'm not having any luck. The wireless signal is showing up as low, I'm not sure if that would affect Network File Transfer. On the first computer that I got this to work on, it didn't have a password and the user name was only one word. On this second computer, the user name is two words, I tried it with a space and with a _ and also has a password. Would either of these things affect the ability to connect. It tries to connect but I eventually get connection timed out.

Thanks
    Eric
  • One other question in regards to network file sharing, I have a computer that is wirelessly connected and when I start Hog3PC, it is able to see the show server and connect to the show. I'm trying to map the network drive on this PC on the IPC and I'm not having any luck. The wireless signal is showing up as low, I'm not sure if that would affect Network File Transfer. On the first computer that I got this to work on, it didn't have a password and the user name was only one word. On this second computer, the user name is two words, I tried it with a space and with a _ and also has a password. Would either of these things affect the ability to connect. It tries to connect but I eventually get connection timed out.

Thanks
    Eric
Children
No Data
Related