IPC 3.03

Console IPC v3.03
Name Cormac jackson
Connected Devices: 2 x DP2000,1 x External Monitor,1 x USB keyboard,1 x USB wing.

I'm having an issue when i run a really fast chase on some Kino Flo 4 Bank DMX fixtures it crashes the DP.
Are there any issues with DP's and running really fast chases?

Regards C
Parents
  • > but am not Combining any other network
    > traffic other Than hognet.

So you're not using the DMX capabilities of the Series 400 at all? None of the DMX jacks in the entire system are connected to anything? Can you send me a block diagram of your system showing what's connected to what?

If you remove all of the S400 gear and just use a single ethernet switch to connect to the console to the DPs, do you still see the crash?

The thing that can bite you with the S400 is that *every* box in the system has an ethernet switch in it. Each Breaker Module, Breakout Box, and FOH plugbox adds another switch, plus the switch in the distro rack itself. That means network traffic has to go through a minimum of *five* switches to get all of the way through the system. This alone can cause problems.
  • > but am not Combining any other network
    > traffic other Than hognet.

So you're not using the DMX capabilities of the Series 400 at all? None of the DMX jacks in the entire system are connected to anything? Can you send me a block diagram of your system showing what's connected to what?

If you remove all of the S400 gear and just use a single ethernet switch to connect to the console to the DPs, do you still see the crash?

The thing that can bite you with the S400 is that *every* box in the system has an ethernet switch in it. Each Breaker Module, Breakout Box, and FOH plugbox adds another switch, plus the switch in the distro rack itself. That means network traffic has to go through a minimum of *five* switches to get all of the way through the system. This alone can cause problems.
Children
No Data
Related