IPC 3.03

Console IPC v3.03
Name Cormac jackson
Connected Devices: 2 x DP2000,1 x External Monitor,1 x USB keyboard,1 x USB wing.

I'm having an issue when i run a really fast chase on some Kino Flo 4 Bank DMX fixtures it crashes the DP.
Are there any issues with DP's and running really fast chases?

Regards C
Parents
  • I'm uncomfortable using the full S400 system to carry Hog-Net traffic. There are far too many network hops.

I should start by saying I've not actually used the S400 system and don't have one to test with. Based on a few conversations with some of PRG's people I have a basic idea how it works, but I've had a hard time getting full technical details (Like what ethernet switch chip they use and whether cut-through switching is enabled).

If you want to use the FOH module to put your DPs at dimmer beach, that's probably OK, provided the FOH Breakout and Breaker modules are totally isolated from the rest of the network. If possible, avoid putting another switch at FOH and use the two ports on the S400 directly.

Include a few extra CAT5 cables in your FOH snake so you have the option to isolate the Hog-Net traffic, at least until you have enough confidence in the S400's performance.

Note: Some versions of the S400 documentation show the Ethernet connectors daisy-chained from unit to unit down the rack. While this looks pretty and probably works fine for Art-Net, it's a disaster from a networking standpoint.
  • I'm uncomfortable using the full S400 system to carry Hog-Net traffic. There are far too many network hops.

I should start by saying I've not actually used the S400 system and don't have one to test with. Based on a few conversations with some of PRG's people I have a basic idea how it works, but I've had a hard time getting full technical details (Like what ethernet switch chip they use and whether cut-through switching is enabled).

If you want to use the FOH module to put your DPs at dimmer beach, that's probably OK, provided the FOH Breakout and Breaker modules are totally isolated from the rest of the network. If possible, avoid putting another switch at FOH and use the two ports on the S400 directly.

Include a few extra CAT5 cables in your FOH snake so you have the option to isolate the Hog-Net traffic, at least until you have enough confidence in the S400's performance.

Note: Some versions of the S400 documentation show the Ethernet connectors daisy-chained from unit to unit down the rack. While this looks pretty and probably works fine for Art-Net, it's a disaster from a networking standpoint.
Children
No Data
Related