Point Key

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but many times I try to type a timing using the point key and it doesn't register. Rather than .5s, I get 5s. My point key never had this response issue before. Matter of fact, the other programmer, working with me, has his console networked to mine, and he is seeing the same problem. We are wondering if, ever since the point key became a shortcut for sending parameters to default, that it has affected the key's response?
Parents
  • We haven't been able to find a consensus solution. That's part of why the earlier thread asked for suggestions.

The set defaults feature is very useful, so we don't want to disable it.

My preferred solution is that "." be added to the command line on key-down. Then, when the key is used as a modifier key, the period token is removed from the command line (as if backspace had been pressed). Unfortunately, there are some technical issues internal to the software's key handling that make doing this difficult.

Another option is to add "Default" to the main toolbar, but this would take more time to get to since you'd have to press the "More" key to reach it.
  • We haven't been able to find a consensus solution. That's part of why the earlier thread asked for suggestions.

The set defaults feature is very useful, so we don't want to disable it.

My preferred solution is that "." be added to the command line on key-down. Then, when the key is used as a modifier key, the period token is removed from the command line (as if backspace had been pressed). Unfortunately, there are some technical issues internal to the software's key handling that make doing this difficult.

Another option is to add "Default" to the main toolbar, but this would take more time to get to since you'd have to press the "More" key to reach it.
Children
No Data
Related