Gobos and Smooth Transitions Again

Hey All,

I know that this has been talked about in the forums already but from what I was reading it was very unorganized and I don't think I saw a solid answer. I am currently working with some Elation Design Spot 250s for a small show and, go figure, am trying to make one gobo slowly transition to the gobo 2 slots away from it in 5 seconds. Can anyone give me a hint? Did we come to the conclusion that depending on the manufacture some fixtures don't have a "slow index roll" because of the designs of their gears?:blackeye:
Parents
  • [quote=VinceHollywood;38902]Yeah I gave that a try and basically it snaps to the next gobo in line, waits and snaps to the next while perserving the time of 5 seconds. I am assuming that the Elations can not do this. We also have the Elation Spot 1400E, I am gonna looking into this and if they don't do a slow indexing then we might have to sell them all. They were bought before I came here.

Vince,

I have had a look at the protocols for both the Elation products you mention and all their wheels are "indexed" only. This means that the fixtures will not allow you to crossfade or even use a speed channel to change from one slot to another in time. Your fixtures are made to only SNAP from one slot to another.
  • [quote=VinceHollywood;38902]Yeah I gave that a try and basically it snaps to the next gobo in line, waits and snaps to the next while perserving the time of 5 seconds. I am assuming that the Elations can not do this. We also have the Elation Spot 1400E, I am gonna looking into this and if they don't do a slow indexing then we might have to sell them all. They were bought before I came here.

Vince,

I have had a look at the protocols for both the Elation products you mention and all their wheels are "indexed" only. This means that the fixtures will not allow you to crossfade or even use a speed channel to change from one slot to another in time. Your fixtures are made to only SNAP from one slot to another.
Children
No Data
Related