Gobos and Smooth Transitions Again

Hey All,

I know that this has been talked about in the forums already but from what I was reading it was very unorganized and I don't think I saw a solid answer. I am currently working with some Elation Design Spot 250s for a small show and, go figure, am trying to make one gobo slowly transition to the gobo 2 slots away from it in 5 seconds. Can anyone give me a hint? Did we come to the conclusion that depending on the manufacture some fixtures don't have a "slow index roll" because of the designs of their gears?:blackeye:
Parents
  • Thanks Brad,

I looked into it to and that is what I found out, its good to hear a direct answer from you though as well. The fact that some fixtures don't come with crossfade control over their gobos kind of blows my mind. I understand what you mean about the heat of the light weaking the areas around the wheel area but I think all lighting fixtures should come with a speed control for slow movement to each gobo.

While working for Celebrity Cruises Lines I loved working with the Cyberlights for the plan fact that I could control the speed of their gobos. It added a whole other design factor to the shows I made. Now with these Elation fixtures that design factor has been stripped away from me.:mad:
  • Thanks Brad,

I looked into it to and that is what I found out, its good to hear a direct answer from you though as well. The fact that some fixtures don't come with crossfade control over their gobos kind of blows my mind. I understand what you mean about the heat of the light weaking the areas around the wheel area but I think all lighting fixtures should come with a speed control for slow movement to each gobo.

While working for Celebrity Cruises Lines I loved working with the Cyberlights for the plan fact that I could control the speed of their gobos. It added a whole other design factor to the shows I made. Now with these Elation fixtures that design factor has been stripped away from me.:mad:
Children
No Data
Related