H3 Desktop Crash

Just updated to 3.05 on my H3, middle of a show, touched the screen and BAM lost the desktop.

2 Questions:

When I have a desktop crash, how do I get it back or do a quick restart, what keys are there. The backup UPS kept me running when I wanted to reboot the machine. So is there a reboot sequence and also a relaunch of the desktop. Also how do you reboot a DP2000 that hard locks. Are there some command keys to do this on both the console and the DP.

Also after the crash, I cannot delete any files. I am guessing that the crash scrambles some permissions. ANy fix on this. I cannot rename etc.

I have both a Wholehog 3 and an iPC so I would love to know how.
Parents
  • Peter,

There is a known bug on the Wholehog 3 console where some show files can not be deleted or renamed. This has been around for a while, and although you can not delete the show files, this does not present any further problems. If you want to remove the show files, then you need to format the hard drive using a full install .iso image. Remember this will erase ALL shows on the drive, so be sure to backup the ones you want/need.

In regards to the crash you expereinced, do you know exactly what you pressed when this happened? Can you send us your show file at upload.highend.com

thanks,
  • Peter,

There is a known bug on the Wholehog 3 console where some show files can not be deleted or renamed. This has been around for a while, and although you can not delete the show files, this does not present any further problems. If you want to remove the show files, then you need to format the hard drive using a full install .iso image. Remember this will erase ALL shows on the drive, so be sure to backup the ones you want/need.

In regards to the crash you expereinced, do you know exactly what you pressed when this happened? Can you send us your show file at upload.highend.com

thanks,
Children
No Data
Related