H3 Desktop Crash

Just updated to 3.05 on my H3, middle of a show, touched the screen and BAM lost the desktop.

2 Questions:

When I have a desktop crash, how do I get it back or do a quick restart, what keys are there. The backup UPS kept me running when I wanted to reboot the machine. So is there a reboot sequence and also a relaunch of the desktop. Also how do you reboot a DP2000 that hard locks. Are there some command keys to do this on both the console and the DP.

Also after the crash, I cannot delete any files. I am guessing that the crash scrambles some permissions. ANy fix on this. I cannot rename etc.

I have both a Wholehog 3 and an iPC so I would love to know how.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=stagelites;39171]Well, it happened again last night. We programmed all day-no problems.

Came time to start the show, and crash again. This time we only pressed the pig key. The displays were off and never came on.

I already sent the show file. Here is the setup

1-WH3
    2 DP-2000
    2-Playback wings
    1 USB Keyboard
    1 Logitech Trackball mouse.
    1 3COM commercial rackmount switch
    3.05 software version
    2 external monitors
    iMac running WSYWIG & Bootcamp (Off at the time of the crash)

Hog is sending out DHCP.

Have changed cables. Moved the ports, still crashes.

To me at least...it almost sounds like it's a networking issue. If the console was working fine with everything on, then the console went to sleep...you hit the PIG button to bring things back to life and got the crash. It sounds very much, to me at least, that there is something in the background that is causing a network crash upon wake up.

I know you have the Hog sending out DHCP, but what is the IP of the SWITCH?
    What is the range that the Hog is sending out?
    Was the Mac still CONNECTED to the network and just "sleeping" or was the entire computer off?
    What are the IPs of the DP2000's?

Just some thoughts.
  • [QUOTE=stagelites;39171]Well, it happened again last night. We programmed all day-no problems.

Came time to start the show, and crash again. This time we only pressed the pig key. The displays were off and never came on.

I already sent the show file. Here is the setup

1-WH3
    2 DP-2000
    2-Playback wings
    1 USB Keyboard
    1 Logitech Trackball mouse.
    1 3COM commercial rackmount switch
    3.05 software version
    2 external monitors
    iMac running WSYWIG & Bootcamp (Off at the time of the crash)

Hog is sending out DHCP.

Have changed cables. Moved the ports, still crashes.

To me at least...it almost sounds like it's a networking issue. If the console was working fine with everything on, then the console went to sleep...you hit the PIG button to bring things back to life and got the crash. It sounds very much, to me at least, that there is something in the background that is causing a network crash upon wake up.

I know you have the Hog sending out DHCP, but what is the IP of the SWITCH?
    What is the range that the Hog is sending out?
    Was the Mac still CONNECTED to the network and just "sleeping" or was the entire computer off?
    What are the IPs of the DP2000's?

Just some thoughts.
Children
No Data
Related