Serious crash Full Boar

yes, when I arrived at the FOH, the f.o.h. power was gone, the backup-ups was empty, and the Full Boar didn't like it. Completely down :(
Nothing worked: desktop didn't react, no trackball/mousepointer working, no dmx-output etc etc.

After a few useless restarts ( f.e. tried to load an other show in case the showfile was corrupt, but no go), I used the partial recovery-function at start-up-screen (from the desk itself, not from cd or bootable usb).
Everything worked again, except there was no dmx-output....

So we had to bring in a new desk asap (how much stress can you handle, and the show must go on).

Next day at home I tried to fix it, and to see what went wrong. Took a while...
After a complete re-install from cd (XPe 1.40 + Hog OS 3.0.4) everything was there again and working, happy me.

What the hell happened?????
Only thing I could find: in the networkwindow it looked to me that the virtual dp was offline / disconnected. I guess there was a software thing happening at powerloss, somewhere was a 1bit instead of a 0bit???

some textmessages I've got during the useless restarts:

1 "unable to bind to configured adapter, reconfiguring to use valid network adapter"
2 "class fps; runtime"
3 "exeption source callstack, serverprogress, 396 thread"

but the best one (when I really got worried) was when trying to do the partial recovery, the software said " unknown desk" where it should say" full boar"

So, what happened, and will this happen again?
Parents
  • I have just experienced a similar but less serious crash. RHFB running foh (just outputting looks no serious operation) driving Luminex Node 8's at dimmers via artnet, and come to run next cue and nothing no mouse, keyboard, buttons or touch screens! Hard reset and desk rebooted fine, is this something I should worry about happening again?

Running v1.4.0 with v3.0.5 (b2482)

FOH & Stage Artnet nodes are on clean UPS power. I do not know if the console stoped outputting artnet as the nodes would hold last known state.

Regards

Tim
  • I have just experienced a similar but less serious crash. RHFB running foh (just outputting looks no serious operation) driving Luminex Node 8's at dimmers via artnet, and come to run next cue and nothing no mouse, keyboard, buttons or touch screens! Hard reset and desk rebooted fine, is this something I should worry about happening again?

Running v1.4.0 with v3.0.5 (b2482)

FOH & Stage Artnet nodes are on clean UPS power. I do not know if the console stoped outputting artnet as the nodes would hold last known state.

Regards

Tim
Children
No Data
Related