Possible BUG 3.0.5 b2482 edit Group palette

Hi,

We are on a show with IPC running HOG 3 3.0.5 b2482. We tried to edit a few groups. Thinking straight forward you might expect that pressing the group and then OPEN would result in opening the group in an editor. None of this is happening.

We now only can update the group by re-entering all fixtures again and then update the group...

I would think that like editing color/beam/position also the group should be edited the same way.

Kind regards,

Fons
Parents
  • Hi Fons,

Groups are not the same as Palettes....you cannot store anything other than fixture selections in them.....that is why you cannot "OPEN" them.

Nor do I personally think we should be allowed to "OPEN" them (think of the mess it would create when trying to edit a specific selection ordered group!)

The best way update a Group is to either Merge new fixture selections in (this will add the new fixtures to the end of the previous selection order) or re-select the whole Group in the order you want and then Record-Replace the Group.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Hi Fons,

Groups are not the same as Palettes....you cannot store anything other than fixture selections in them.....that is why you cannot "OPEN" them.

Nor do I personally think we should be allowed to "OPEN" them (think of the mess it would create when trying to edit a specific selection ordered group!)

The best way update a Group is to either Merge new fixture selections in (this will add the new fixtures to the end of the previous selection order) or re-select the whole Group in the order you want and then Record-Replace the Group.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related