Okay, I need some help!! Trying to get started with HOG 3PC, but constant issues.

Okay,:aargh4:

I am ready to pull my hair out, and I have not even started programming yet. I am moving from another brand system to HOG 3PC, but I have not even got past verifying my patch, without issues
I am running a Monster Dell laptop with vista business with all updates, and boat loads of processor, and memory (laptop is about 2 months old) This laptop is my show system, and only run show software on (aside from Antivirus). The laptop is running Version 3.0.5 b2482

I have a DP2000 running fast Ethernet (direct cross-over cable) to the laptop.

DP2000 Ver= HOG3v3.0.5(b2482)75MHz

I am having some really dis-concerning issues with the hog system just shutting down, it completely disappears... Here I am trying to get my patch setup started, and adding & editing fixtures, and I lose everything....Just closes out.

When I try to click on the HOG3PC icon, it tells me it is already running, the DMX processor still shows "running" showserver, connected to my laptops IP. When I go to my task manager, I see all of the "hog golden32.exe's" still running. But I cannot recover the show.

This is really scaring me, because I have not even started programming, and also worried about what is going to happen during a show....

Please help, this is really getting under my skin, I moved to hog to get away from another system for all of its features, and reliability. I am also having problems with some libraries’, as they do not have all of the functions for the fixtures, or perform the functions properly.
But I guess that will be another thread.

I also have the issue where I open something like patch, or output, change a value in the programmer, and the screen will "blip", then nothing is clickable, or movable. Then the windows shutdown all at once.

When I go to "quit", the window "application not responding", and then a windows to kill the process, then if I tried to open the program again, it will give me an error, and say unable to start. If I reboot, the it will work fine...

I am trying to get to programming for a show on August 1st, but looks like I am still going to have to use my old system, the way things are going..

Any help would be appreciated.
Parents
  • Sorry to hear of your frustrations. Here's a couple of answers as well as questions.

When the application doesn't quit properly or crashes it often leaves behind a running process or two that need to be manaually shut down in the task manager before you can launch Hog3PC again. This is why when you tried to click on the HOG3PC icon, it told you it was already running. When you run into this situation you can resolve this by openning the task manager (ctrl, alt, del), select the processes tab, right click on launcher-win32golden.exe and select "end process tree". This should get you back in a healthy state to where you can launch Hog3PC again.

More importantly we need to find out why the application is not running well for you and keeps crashing during patching. What is your DPs net number? It should be 2 since Hog3PC runs a virtual DP at net num 1.
  • Sorry to hear of your frustrations. Here's a couple of answers as well as questions.

When the application doesn't quit properly or crashes it often leaves behind a running process or two that need to be manaually shut down in the task manager before you can launch Hog3PC again. This is why when you tried to click on the HOG3PC icon, it told you it was already running. When you run into this situation you can resolve this by openning the task manager (ctrl, alt, del), select the processes tab, right click on launcher-win32golden.exe and select "end process tree". This should get you back in a healthy state to where you can launch Hog3PC again.

More importantly we need to find out why the application is not running well for you and keeps crashing during patching. What is your DPs net number? It should be 2 since Hog3PC runs a virtual DP at net num 1.
Children
No Data
Related