Hog over GrandMA2

Hi, just some for some general interest: Why did or would you choose the WholeHog system over GrandMA?
Parents
  • Probably that's not the right place to ask this kind of question. Is it? I mean we're on the Hog III software forum. Probably you would get a more objective answer on the LightNetwork. Personally I think there's nothing you can do on one desk that can't be done on the other one. I'm fluent both on the Hog III and Grand MA. The strong point of the Hog software is the already mentioned abstraction layer for fixtures. I'm actually working for a production with a Grand MA and I have to say I set it up like if it was a hog. I've got the first row of executor buttons set as the Intensity Position Colour Beam buttons of the hog III. The process to achieve it is little bit tricky for you have to store Macros with all the information needed to be triggered via "Comment Macro" in an empty cuelist assigned to the executor button. Dunno if it makes sense. Personally I think there's not a big difference on keystrokes number to do something. Sometimes the Hog wins sometimes the grand Ma does. I reckon it's more the way you feel and the way you can wrap your brain around one desk versus the other. Bottom line I would always go Hog if it was my call.
  • Probably that's not the right place to ask this kind of question. Is it? I mean we're on the Hog III software forum. Probably you would get a more objective answer on the LightNetwork. Personally I think there's nothing you can do on one desk that can't be done on the other one. I'm fluent both on the Hog III and Grand MA. The strong point of the Hog software is the already mentioned abstraction layer for fixtures. I'm actually working for a production with a Grand MA and I have to say I set it up like if it was a hog. I've got the first row of executor buttons set as the Intensity Position Colour Beam buttons of the hog III. The process to achieve it is little bit tricky for you have to store Macros with all the information needed to be triggered via "Comment Macro" in an empty cuelist assigned to the executor button. Dunno if it makes sense. Personally I think there's not a big difference on keystrokes number to do something. Sometimes the Hog wins sometimes the grand Ma does. I reckon it's more the way you feel and the way you can wrap your brain around one desk versus the other. Bottom line I would always go Hog if it was my call.
Children
No Data
Related