Hog over GrandMA2

Hi, just some for some general interest: Why did or would you choose the WholeHog system over GrandMA?
Parents
  • I love the hog.. I also love the MA. They both are incredibly powerful boards.

Personally I like the GUI on Hog much better. But there are a lot of features that an MA includes that is definitely missing from Hog. Here is a few things just off the top of my head:

Artnet in (merging and external control)
    Midi control of encoders, triggering
    Keystroke macros & better overall macro control
    bitmapping
    more powerful effects engine
    worlds
    motorized faders

I know some of these things are in the works, but its just taking forever in my opinion. And then some have been bluntly stated aren't happening. But overall, its getting better.. I am pretty sure the next release of Hog 3 will make many happier.
  • I love the hog.. I also love the MA. They both are incredibly powerful boards.

Personally I like the GUI on Hog much better. But there are a lot of features that an MA includes that is definitely missing from Hog. Here is a few things just off the top of my head:

Artnet in (merging and external control)
    Midi control of encoders, triggering
    Keystroke macros & better overall macro control
    bitmapping
    more powerful effects engine
    worlds
    motorized faders

I know some of these things are in the works, but its just taking forever in my opinion. And then some have been bluntly stated aren't happening. But overall, its getting better.. I am pretty sure the next release of Hog 3 will make many happier.
Children
No Data
Related