Hog over GrandMA2

Hi, just some for some general interest: Why did or would you choose the WholeHog system over GrandMA?
Parents
  • [quote=DavidMaitland;40073]
    The reason why i chosen to direct it at you is because my mind is already set on the Wholehog system and i knew that the main competitor of Wholehog desks is Grand MA.

I would also say that Compulite Vectors, MagicQ consoles and PRG consoles are also very close competetors. But of course there are others on the market....

[quote=DavidMaitland;40073]
    I just wanted to know why you made that decision. Some very good points, the one i have noticed is the nice interface of Hog :P

One of the reasons I love it too. Intuative syntax and interface. Save alot of time.

[quote=ryanwilkinson;40074]
    Artnet in (merging and external control)
    Midi control of encoders, triggering
    Keystroke macros & better overall macro control
    bitmapping
    more powerful effects engine
    worlds
    motorized faders

And...

Network Tracking Backup
    Additional colours to GUI
    Support for Hmap2, CITP protocol (MSEX)
    Keyboard shortcuts for H3Pc encoders
    Ability to add JPGs such as Gobo designs via external media to palette titles
    USB saving on the Wholehog 3 console
    Updated linux kernal
    Chat function (like the MA net and Hippo Net one)

There are more of course. The software just gets better and better. David, stick with Hog - trust me you will have made a good choice. It is all about using a console you can remember, use efficently and gaining good manufacturer/end user relationships - (Good Product Support.)

Best,

:hogsign:
  • [quote=DavidMaitland;40073]
    The reason why i chosen to direct it at you is because my mind is already set on the Wholehog system and i knew that the main competitor of Wholehog desks is Grand MA.

I would also say that Compulite Vectors, MagicQ consoles and PRG consoles are also very close competetors. But of course there are others on the market....

[quote=DavidMaitland;40073]
    I just wanted to know why you made that decision. Some very good points, the one i have noticed is the nice interface of Hog :P

One of the reasons I love it too. Intuative syntax and interface. Save alot of time.

[quote=ryanwilkinson;40074]
    Artnet in (merging and external control)
    Midi control of encoders, triggering
    Keystroke macros & better overall macro control
    bitmapping
    more powerful effects engine
    worlds
    motorized faders

And...

Network Tracking Backup
    Additional colours to GUI
    Support for Hmap2, CITP protocol (MSEX)
    Keyboard shortcuts for H3Pc encoders
    Ability to add JPGs such as Gobo designs via external media to palette titles
    USB saving on the Wholehog 3 console
    Updated linux kernal
    Chat function (like the MA net and Hippo Net one)

There are more of course. The software just gets better and better. David, stick with Hog - trust me you will have made a good choice. It is all about using a console you can remember, use efficently and gaining good manufacturer/end user relationships - (Good Product Support.)

Best,

:hogsign:
Children
No Data
Related