CMY vs RGB

I have an IPC console, and 12 pixelpar 90s, set to max2 mode. The LEDs are RGB, but the board uses CMY. Is there a reason for this, also is there a way to control the RGB?
Parents
  • Hi,

The reason that IRed, IGreen and IBlue are not available to this fixture is due to a combination of the way we handle RGB and the features of this fixture.

If we add the I* functions you would loose the fixture's master intensity control which would mean that you could not dim the fixture when running the fixture's inbuilt effect macros.

This is a non-issue for many LED fixtures with internal effects as when you are running internal effects the master intensity is disabled anyway however, with this particular fixture as far as I'm aware the master intensty control is still available when running effects.

Thanks,

Steve
  • Hi,

The reason that IRed, IGreen and IBlue are not available to this fixture is due to a combination of the way we handle RGB and the features of this fixture.

If we add the I* functions you would loose the fixture's master intensity control which would mean that you could not dim the fixture when running the fixture's inbuilt effect macros.

This is a non-issue for many LED fixtures with internal effects as when you are running internal effects the master intensity is disabled anyway however, with this particular fixture as far as I'm aware the master intensty control is still available when running effects.

Thanks,

Steve
Children
No Data
Related