Whole Hog 3PC For MAC !!

How many of you guys think having Hog PC for Mac is a good idea? Leave your comments and Ideas !
Parents
  • I just wanted to add another voice to the chorus and completely agree with most every comment so far in this thread. Mac and iPhone and Wholehog be one! Please. Yes ASAP. and Go. Now please. Yes. Please. Thank you. Yes. Did I say yes yet?

The wholehog absolutely needs some sort of solid wireless remote focus device, official or otherwise. I realize there are workaround ways to pull it off if you are wiling to buy specific PDA computers with windows, download the application, setup a wireless network, etc. Cumbersome, no? Maybe I'm wrong? I think we need broader options ... something solid, simple, reliable. My vote would definitely be an iPhone application if the PDA is going to be the hardware device ... this would rule as far as I'm concerned! It's the most widely used PDA on the earth, I think you could use an iPod Touch with the same app (think so) which is about $200 right? And and iPhone application development program has a very low barrier to entry. I'd pay a fair bit for an app that worked if someone could make it happen.

iPhone aside ... In general, it occurs to me that, as lighting and video continue to mush together, there's an increasing demand to get video assets and control interfaces to cooperate with each other. Apple OS will surely need to be a part of the picture in my mind, since much video editing and compression is Apple-centric. Hog 3PC for MAC would be a huge step in the right direction ... I have no idea what's actually involved in making that reality. I'm sure it's more involved than we users might imagine ... but I hope a lot of energy gets put into doing something big before these technologies completely converge and we Hog lovers find ourselves looking for alternatives.

Now that Barco and HES are together ... and all recent HES fixtures entries have been of a video or pixel mapping nature, it seems logical to me that their control platform be evolving alongside the other products. Is the logical next evolution of Wholehog not a significant step toward real video control? I'm looking at MA Video, or just how I can see and manipulate clips on the tiles of an MA .... I'm saying "why not us too?"

Got off on a tangent there ... sorry. If anyone at HES knows anything about any of this, I'm sure we'd all love to hear what's in the works.

Just my 2 cents .... Maybe that was 3 cents.
  • I just wanted to add another voice to the chorus and completely agree with most every comment so far in this thread. Mac and iPhone and Wholehog be one! Please. Yes ASAP. and Go. Now please. Yes. Please. Thank you. Yes. Did I say yes yet?

The wholehog absolutely needs some sort of solid wireless remote focus device, official or otherwise. I realize there are workaround ways to pull it off if you are wiling to buy specific PDA computers with windows, download the application, setup a wireless network, etc. Cumbersome, no? Maybe I'm wrong? I think we need broader options ... something solid, simple, reliable. My vote would definitely be an iPhone application if the PDA is going to be the hardware device ... this would rule as far as I'm concerned! It's the most widely used PDA on the earth, I think you could use an iPod Touch with the same app (think so) which is about $200 right? And and iPhone application development program has a very low barrier to entry. I'd pay a fair bit for an app that worked if someone could make it happen.

iPhone aside ... In general, it occurs to me that, as lighting and video continue to mush together, there's an increasing demand to get video assets and control interfaces to cooperate with each other. Apple OS will surely need to be a part of the picture in my mind, since much video editing and compression is Apple-centric. Hog 3PC for MAC would be a huge step in the right direction ... I have no idea what's actually involved in making that reality. I'm sure it's more involved than we users might imagine ... but I hope a lot of energy gets put into doing something big before these technologies completely converge and we Hog lovers find ourselves looking for alternatives.

Now that Barco and HES are together ... and all recent HES fixtures entries have been of a video or pixel mapping nature, it seems logical to me that their control platform be evolving alongside the other products. Is the logical next evolution of Wholehog not a significant step toward real video control? I'm looking at MA Video, or just how I can see and manipulate clips on the tiles of an MA .... I'm saying "why not us too?"

Got off on a tangent there ... sorry. If anyone at HES knows anything about any of this, I'm sure we'd all love to hear what's in the works.

Just my 2 cents .... Maybe that was 3 cents.
Children
No Data
Related